Bernard is an experienced litigator with a broad range of expertise in commercial law, medical negligence, negligence and other torts, estate law, and criminal law, who is also an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law and has been involved in several notable cases.
Bernard worked for the Chief Judge at Common Law in the Supreme Court of NSW, the United Nations in Vienna, and for litigation law firms prior to joining McAuley Lawyers.
Bernard is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law.
Specialist Accreditation is a structured peer to peer assessment process enabling legal practitioners to be recognised for their expertise. To be accredited specialists must pass a series of meticulous assessments on both legal knowledge and its application in practice. To retain their accreditation specialists must undertake significant additional professional development in their area of expertise each year.
- Lawyer of the High Court of Australia
- Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Bachelor of LawBachelor of Economics
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Parramatta & District Regional Law Society
- Central Coast Law Society
- St Thomas More Society
- Injury Compensation Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Flyak v Hall  NSWLEC 58
- SafeWork NSW v Rex Australia Pty Ltd; SafeWork NSW v Wei Wang  NSWDC 334
- Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd v Brett Harford; Copeland Building Services Pty Ltd v Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd; Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd v Harford Transport Pty Ltd (No 2)  NSWCA 134
- Gorman v McKnight  NSWCA 20
- Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd v Brett Harford; Copeland Building Services Pty Ltd v Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd; Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd v Harford Transport Pty Ltd  NSWCA 41
- Harford v Hallmark Construction Pty Ltd  NSWSC 371
- Trevor Allan Cottle v Commissioner of Police  NSWIRComm 1080
- NSW Commissioner of Police v Cottle  NSWSC 1588
- Estate Judd v McKnight; Gammage v Estate Judd, Channell v Estate Judd; McKnight v Estate Judd (No.4)  NSWSC 1489
- Estate Judd v McKnight; Gammage v Estate Judd, Channell v Estate Judd; McKnight v Estate Judd (No.3)  NSWSC 1479
Bernard can be contacted as follows:
Phone: (02) 9633 1826
Call us on (02) 9633 1826 to make an appointment.
For more information or to make an enquiry, please fill out the form.